Tuesday, June 1, 2010

God, where are you?

"Too many times people are looking for the spectacular, when the supernatural is actually right there in front of them. Smith Wigglesworth once said, “Some people wouldn’t recognize the Holy Spirit if He walked in with a red tie and red hat on.” This poem is about being sensitive to the supernatural things.

"God are you real???"

The man whispered.

“God, speak to me”.

And a meadowlark sang.

But the man did not hear.

So the man yelled,

“God, speak to me!”

And the thunder rolled across the sky

But the man did not listen

The man looked around and said

“God let me see you”

And a star shone brightly

But the man did not notice.

And the man shouted

“God, show me a miracle!” And a life was born

But the man did not know.

So the man cried out in despair,

“Touch me God, and let me know you are here!”

Whereupon God reached down

And touched the man.

But the man brushed the butterfly away

And walked away unknowingly.

--Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment